Lockport Woman Dies From Stabbing | News
LOCKPORT, NY-- A Lockport woman has died Wednesday after she was stabbed several times by an acquaintance in her home last month.
Norma Confer died Wednesday morning from stab wounds she suffered on April 21, 2011.
Hans S. Diefenbach was arrested shortly after the stabbing.
Lockport Police say they received a 911 call from Norma Confer saying she was stabbed.
While enroute to Confer's home, officers noticed a man walking away from her home with blood on his clothes.
When police stopped Diefenbach, they asked him why he had blood on his clothes. They say he said, "from stabbing Norma".
Diefenbach has been charged with attempted murder, burglary, assault and criminal possession of a weapon.
Additional charges against Diefenbach are pending.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way
- City of Toronto reminds residents to prepare for severe storms on anniversary of July 8, 2013 flood
- Buffalo, NY Fourth City Employee Pleads Guilty to Theft of Thousands from Parking Meters
- Joint Underage Alcohol Enforcement Effort 15 Pass; 2 Charged
- Better Business Bureau Offers Advice to Homeowners on Roofing Contractors