Lockport Woman Dies From Stabbing | News
LOCKPORT, NY-- A Lockport woman has died Wednesday after she was stabbed several times by an acquaintance in her home last month.
Norma Confer died Wednesday morning from stab wounds she suffered on April 21, 2011.
Hans S. Diefenbach was arrested shortly after the stabbing.
Lockport Police say they received a 911 call from Norma Confer saying she was stabbed.
While enroute to Confer's home, officers noticed a man walking away from her home with blood on his clothes.
When police stopped Diefenbach, they asked him why he had blood on his clothes. They say he said, "from stabbing Norma".
Diefenbach has been charged with attempted murder, burglary, assault and criminal possession of a weapon.
Additional charges against Diefenbach are pending.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Exit 2 Bar & Grille Brings Excitement to Tonawanda Dining Scene
- Abraham's Table Discussion: "What Do We Owe God? The Religious Ethics of Business."
- Buffalo Man Charged with Fraud and Making Counterfeit Money
- Five Charged With Marijuana Trafficking
- Catholic Cemeteries of Buffalo join Niagara County Thank a Vet program