Major Expansion Planned at Fashion Outlets of Niagara | News
TOWN Of NIAGARA, N.Y. -- A major expansion is in the works for one of the areas premier shopping destinations for both Americans and Canadians.
Town of Niagara Supervisor Steven Richards tells 2-On-Your-Side the Fashion Outlets of Niagara is planning on adding 50 stores, and additional parking. The company that owns the mall has applied for tax incentives for the $71 million project.
More than 1,100 new parking spaces will be added, as well as 28 new spots for busses.
The proposed plan is expected to add about 600 new jobs.
Richards says high end retailers have already expressed interest in the new space. The town's IDA will hold a public hearing on March 13th at 3pm at town hall for input on whether to grant the mall's owner tax breaks.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way
- City of Toronto reminds residents to prepare for severe storms on anniversary of July 8, 2013 flood
- Buffalo, NY Fourth City Employee Pleads Guilty to Theft of Thousands from Parking Meters
- Joint Underage Alcohol Enforcement Effort 15 Pass; 2 Charged
- Better Business Bureau Offers Advice to Homeowners on Roofing Contractors