State of the City Address in Niagara Falls | News
NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. - Mayor Paul Dyster gave his State of the City Address Thursday night.
He said he is hopeful the dispute with the Seneca Nation can be resolved in the coming months, but said that the lack of casino revenues would not hold the city back.
"We're going to do the best we can with the limited resources we have available to us without casino revenues to continue major initiatives," Dyster said.
Dyster outlined initiatives in the area of crime prevention and housing that he said he believes will be game changers for the city in the coming year and for many years to come.
In his address, Dyster also highlighted several recent grant awards the city has received and he spoke about the importance of tourism and how it is a key economic driver in Niagara Falls.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- NOCO raises more than $8,400 for Roswell Park in Blue4Ben campaign
- Bridal Shower Fundraiser Offers Attendees Chance to Take Home the Gifts
- NHTSA and Local Police Remind of Dangers of Distracted Driving - "You Drive, You Text, You Pay."
- City of Niagara Falls Woman Arrested after Three Month Investigation
- Certain Gates Corp. Tru-Flow Water Pumps, serving as after-market replacements for various VW cars