State of the City Address in Niagara Falls | News
NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. - Mayor Paul Dyster gave his State of the City Address Thursday night.
He said he is hopeful the dispute with the Seneca Nation can be resolved in the coming months, but said that the lack of casino revenues would not hold the city back.
"We're going to do the best we can with the limited resources we have available to us without casino revenues to continue major initiatives," Dyster said.
Dyster outlined initiatives in the area of crime prevention and housing that he said he believes will be game changers for the city in the coming year and for many years to come.
In his address, Dyster also highlighted several recent grant awards the city has received and he spoke about the importance of tourism and how it is a key economic driver in Niagara Falls.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Free Class at Kenmore Mercy Hospital Will Highlight Knee Replacement Options
- "Turkish Coffee Night" of the season will be held on Saturday, May 3rd, at 7:00pm
- Turkish Cuisine - Session 2
- Rochester, NY City Employee Indicted on Possesion with Intent to Distrubute Cocaine
- Jamacian Citizen, 31 Pleads Guilty to Aggravated Identity Fraud