Missing Defendant Found Guilty of Sex Crimes | News
LOCKPORT, N.Y. -- He's on the run, and now a jury has found him guilty of multiple sex crimes.
Paul Turley left Niagara County Court last week after the jury for his trial was picked, and never returned. Monday, a jury in Niagara County convicted the Dunkirk man for crimes police say happened in North Tonawanda in the mid-to-late '90s.
There is a bench warrant out now for Turley's arrest. His trial was able to proceed because he signed documents that allowed it to continue in absentia.
Turley attorney says he has no idea where his client is, and will be talking with his family about a possible appeal.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kenmore Mercy Hospital patients receive gift of moblity thanks to national charity
- CERT Recipe Book Marks Group’s 10th Anniversary
- Tribute to Angels event raises funds for Kenmore Mercy Hospital
- Town of Hamburg Police Ask Assistance in Identifying Individual for Questioning
- Scholarship Stresses Importance of Character, Education