Missing Defendant Found Guilty of Sex Crimes | News
LOCKPORT, N.Y. -- He's on the run, and now a jury has found him guilty of multiple sex crimes.
Paul Turley left Niagara County Court last week after the jury for his trial was picked, and never returned. Monday, a jury in Niagara County convicted the Dunkirk man for crimes police say happened in North Tonawanda in the mid-to-late '90s.
There is a bench warrant out now for Turley's arrest. His trial was able to proceed because he signed documents that allowed it to continue in absentia.
Turley attorney says he has no idea where his client is, and will be talking with his family about a possible appeal.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Deer Rescued from Glen Falls in Williamsville
- Daemen Approved for Advancement in NCAA Membership Process
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way
- City of Toronto reminds residents to prepare for severe storms on anniversary of July 8, 2013 flood
- Buffalo, NY Fourth City Employee Pleads Guilty to Theft of Thousands from Parking Meters
- Joint Underage Alcohol Enforcement Effort 15 Pass; 2 Charged
- Better Business Bureau Offers Advice to Homeowners on Roofing Contractors