Missing Defendant Found Guilty of Sex Crimes | News
LOCKPORT, N.Y. -- He's on the run, and now a jury has found him guilty of multiple sex crimes.
Paul Turley left Niagara County Court last week after the jury for his trial was picked, and never returned. Monday, a jury in Niagara County convicted the Dunkirk man for crimes police say happened in North Tonawanda in the mid-to-late '90s.
There is a bench warrant out now for Turley's arrest. His trial was able to proceed because he signed documents that allowed it to continue in absentia.
Turley attorney says he has no idea where his client is, and will be talking with his family about a possible appeal.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Sólo cuatro meses dejó puede cambiar sus finanzas de fin de año
- Fourth Quarter 2014: Still Time for a Personal Finance Comeback!
- Amherst Police Release Photos in Friday Bank Robbery
- Brockport Male arrested; Alledged Mail Fraud, Forgery, Theft of Public Money
- Convicted City of Buffalo Employee Sentenced 6 Months Ordered to repay $9K