Missing Defendant Found Guilty of Sex Crimes | News
LOCKPORT, N.Y. -- He's on the run, and now a jury has found him guilty of multiple sex crimes.
Paul Turley left Niagara County Court last week after the jury for his trial was picked, and never returned. Monday, a jury in Niagara County convicted the Dunkirk man for crimes police say happened in North Tonawanda in the mid-to-late '90s.
There is a bench warrant out now for Turley's arrest. His trial was able to proceed because he signed documents that allowed it to continue in absentia.
Turley attorney says he has no idea where his client is, and will be talking with his family about a possible appeal.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo’s Economic Resurgence Focus of Mayor’s Daemen Lecture
- Cartagena guilty of other charges in death of daughter
- Quilt Seminar, 5K Run Headline September Events at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Daemen Grant to Establish Fitness Program for Individuals With Disabilities, Educate Trainers
- Daemen Associate Athletic Director Named to 30 Under Thirty
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Tributes K9 Crime Fighting Co-workers
- NYSP: Missing Adult Alert: Walter Marsh CANCELED
- U.S. Marshals Holding National Jewelry Sale
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Seeking info on Location of Collin Simons
- Secret Service: Queens Woman Pleads Guilty to Possession; Counterfeit Money