Missing Defendant Found Guilty of Sex Crimes | News
LOCKPORT, N.Y. -- He's on the run, and now a jury has found him guilty of multiple sex crimes.
Paul Turley left Niagara County Court last week after the jury for his trial was picked, and never returned. Monday, a jury in Niagara County convicted the Dunkirk man for crimes police say happened in North Tonawanda in the mid-to-late '90s.
There is a bench warrant out now for Turley's arrest. His trial was able to proceed because he signed documents that allowed it to continue in absentia.
Turley attorney says he has no idea where his client is, and will be talking with his family about a possible appeal.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- NOCO raises more than $8,400 for Roswell Park in Blue4Ben campaign
- Bridal Shower Fundraiser Offers Attendees Chance to Take Home the Gifts
- NHTSA and Local Police Remind of Dangers of Distracted Driving - "You Drive, You Text, You Pay."
- City of Niagara Falls Woman Arrested after Three Month Investigation
- Certain Gates Corp. Tru-Flow Water Pumps, serving as after-market replacements for various VW cars