Body Found in Lockport is Identified | News
LOCKPORT, N.Y. - Lockport Police have identified a woman who was found lying in a snowbank on Davison Road early Saturday morning.
Lockport Police say Dawn Jehrio was found in front of the old Social Services building shortly before 6:30 a.m.
Police say Jehrio was taken to a local hospital, where she later died.
"I walked by and then I turned back and noticed that there was someone. Now at that point I realized it was a person," said Jim Smigelski, who was walking his dog when he found the woman in the snowbank. "Had no idea, still don't know in that sense..but I realized somebody was in distress. I realized that whoever it was had an arm up."
Smigelski says it was at that point he called police and paramedics to help.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Seeking info on Location of Collin Simons
- Secret Service: Queens Woman Pleads Guilty to Possession; Counterfeit Money
- Secret Service Grounds a local "Check Kiting" Ring 5 Arrested, Convicted
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way
- City of Toronto reminds residents to prepare for severe storms on anniversary of July 8, 2013 flood