Suneel's Light Foundation Gets A Boost from NU Hockey | News
LEWISTON, NY-- A special young man was honored by the Niagara University Hockey Team Saturday night. 15-year-old Suneel Ram was at center ice to drop the puck at the start of Niagara University's game Friday night.
Suneel has Duschenne Muscular Dystrophy and he and his family lead a foundation called Suneel's Light which raises money for research to find a cure for Duschenne's.
Suneel was surprised by the team and the crowd support tonight.
"I thought I was just coming to watch the game," Suneel said with a huge grin.
"I didn't know I was going to get to drop the puck! I walked out there and everyone cheered!" he added.
Next Friday night is "Suneel's Celebrity Gala" at Statler City.
Two On Your Side's own Maryalice Demler is one of seven local celebrities taking part in a "Dancing With the Stars-type fundraiser to benefit Suneel's Light Foundation.
Tickets are still available on Suneel's Celebrity Gala website.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Seeking info on Location of Collin Simons
- Secret Service: Queens Woman Pleads Guilty to Possession; Counterfeit Money
- Secret Service Grounds a local "Check Kiting" Ring 5 Arrested, Convicted
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way
- City of Toronto reminds residents to prepare for severe storms on anniversary of July 8, 2013 flood