Suneel's Light Foundation Gets A Boost from NU Hockey | News
LEWISTON, NY-- A special young man was honored by the Niagara University Hockey Team Saturday night. 15-year-old Suneel Ram was at center ice to drop the puck at the start of Niagara University's game Friday night.
Suneel has Duschenne Muscular Dystrophy and he and his family lead a foundation called Suneel's Light which raises money for research to find a cure for Duschenne's.
Suneel was surprised by the team and the crowd support tonight.
"I thought I was just coming to watch the game," Suneel said with a huge grin.
"I didn't know I was going to get to drop the puck! I walked out there and everyone cheered!" he added.
Next Friday night is "Suneel's Celebrity Gala" at Statler City.
Two On Your Side's own Maryalice Demler is one of seven local celebrities taking part in a "Dancing With the Stars-type fundraiser to benefit Suneel's Light Foundation.
Tickets are still available on Suneel's Celebrity Gala website.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo’s Economic Resurgence Focus of Mayor’s Daemen Lecture
- Cartagena guilty of other charges in death of daughter
- Quilt Seminar, 5K Run Headline September Events at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Daemen Grant to Establish Fitness Program for Individuals With Disabilities, Educate Trainers
- Daemen Associate Athletic Director Named to 30 Under Thirty
- U.S. Marshals Holding National Jewelry Sale
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Seeking info on Location of Collin Simons
- Secret Service: Queens Woman Pleads Guilty to Possession; Counterfeit Money
- Secret Service Grounds a local "Check Kiting" Ring 5 Arrested, Convicted
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way