Shotgun Blast Leads to Arrest in Lockport | News
LOCKPORT, NY - Lockport Police officers arrested a man who fired a shotgun on Genesee Street on Christmas night at about 10 p.m.
The slug penetrated an exterior wall and an inside door of the building at 107 Genesee Street before becoming lodged in a wall on the opposite side of the building, according to a statement released by police Wednesday morning.
Police arrested Kenneth W. Houghton, Jr. on charges of reckless endangerment, criminal mischief, assault and a variety of weapons possession violations after determining that the shot had come from the vicinity of 119 Genesee Street.
They believe Houghton fired a 12-gauge shotgun recovered at the scene in the course of a drug robbery.
No one was injured related to the gun shot, but Detective Kevin Schrader suffered a broken thumb in a struggle that occurred as he tried to arrest the suspect. The building at 107 Genesee Street sustained about $500 worth of damage.
Houghton was arraigned in Lockport City Court and is being held at Niagara County Jail for an appearance next Monday.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo’s Economic Resurgence Focus of Mayor’s Daemen Lecture
- Cartagena guilty of other charges in death of daughter
- Quilt Seminar, 5K Run Headline September Events at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Daemen Grant to Establish Fitness Program for Individuals With Disabilities, Educate Trainers
- Daemen Associate Athletic Director Named to 30 Under Thirty
- U.S. Marshals Holding National Jewelry Sale
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Seeking info on Location of Collin Simons
- Secret Service: Queens Woman Pleads Guilty to Possession; Counterfeit Money
- Secret Service Grounds a local "Check Kiting" Ring 5 Arrested, Convicted
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way