Prostitution Charge Dropped Against Woman on 'Wife Swap' | News
PEMBROKE, N.Y. (AP) - A prostitution charge in New York against a former teen pageant princess who once appeared on the reality TV show "Wife Swap" has been dropped.
An attorney for Alicia Guastaferro says Genesee County prosecutors agreed to drop the charge during a court appearance Tuesday. The 21-year-old still faces misdemeanor drug possession charges.
She's due back in court March 12.
Guastaferro was arrested with Rochester attorney James Doyle at an interstate travel plaza in August. Doyle was charged with soliciting a prostitute, but that charge was dropped. He still faces a drunken driving charge. He and Guastaferro have pleaded not guilty.
Guastaferro and ABC settled a lawsuit last year over the "Wife Swap" episode she appeared on. She claimed its unfair portrayal of her as a spoiled 15-year-old made her a target of ridicule.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Deer Rescued from Glen Falls in Williamsville
- Daemen Approved for Advancement in NCAA Membership Process
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way
- City of Toronto reminds residents to prepare for severe storms on anniversary of July 8, 2013 flood
- Buffalo, NY Fourth City Employee Pleads Guilty to Theft of Thousands from Parking Meters
- Joint Underage Alcohol Enforcement Effort 15 Pass; 2 Charged
- Better Business Bureau Offers Advice to Homeowners on Roofing Contractors