Prostitution Charge Dropped Against Woman on 'Wife Swap' | News
PEMBROKE, N.Y. (AP) - A prostitution charge in New York against a former teen pageant princess who once appeared on the reality TV show "Wife Swap" has been dropped.
An attorney for Alicia Guastaferro says Genesee County prosecutors agreed to drop the charge during a court appearance Tuesday. The 21-year-old still faces misdemeanor drug possession charges.
She's due back in court March 12.
Guastaferro was arrested with Rochester attorney James Doyle at an interstate travel plaza in August. Doyle was charged with soliciting a prostitute, but that charge was dropped. He still faces a drunken driving charge. He and Guastaferro have pleaded not guilty.
Guastaferro and ABC settled a lawsuit last year over the "Wife Swap" episode she appeared on. She claimed its unfair portrayal of her as a spoiled 15-year-old made her a target of ridicule.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- NOCO raises more than $8,400 for Roswell Park in Blue4Ben campaign
- Bridal Shower Fundraiser Offers Attendees Chance to Take Home the Gifts
- NHTSA and Local Police Remind of Dangers of Distracted Driving - "You Drive, You Text, You Pay."
- City of Niagara Falls Woman Arrested after Three Month Investigation
- Certain Gates Corp. Tru-Flow Water Pumps, serving as after-market replacements for various VW cars