Prostitution Charge Dropped Against Woman on 'Wife Swap' | News
PEMBROKE, N.Y. (AP) - A prostitution charge in New York against a former teen pageant princess who once appeared on the reality TV show "Wife Swap" has been dropped.
An attorney for Alicia Guastaferro says Genesee County prosecutors agreed to drop the charge during a court appearance Tuesday. The 21-year-old still faces misdemeanor drug possession charges.
She's due back in court March 12.
Guastaferro was arrested with Rochester attorney James Doyle at an interstate travel plaza in August. Doyle was charged with soliciting a prostitute, but that charge was dropped. He still faces a drunken driving charge. He and Guastaferro have pleaded not guilty.
Guastaferro and ABC settled a lawsuit last year over the "Wife Swap" episode she appeared on. She claimed its unfair portrayal of her as a spoiled 15-year-old made her a target of ridicule.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo’s Economic Resurgence Focus of Mayor’s Daemen Lecture
- Cartagena guilty of other charges in death of daughter
- Quilt Seminar, 5K Run Headline September Events at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Daemen Grant to Establish Fitness Program for Individuals With Disabilities, Educate Trainers
- Daemen Associate Athletic Director Named to 30 Under Thirty
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Tributes K9 Crime Fighting Co-workers
- NYSP: Missing Adult Alert: Walter Marsh CANCELED
- U.S. Marshals Holding National Jewelry Sale
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Seeking info on Location of Collin Simons
- Secret Service: Queens Woman Pleads Guilty to Possession; Counterfeit Money