Comptroller Issues Fiscal Warning for Niagara Falls | News
NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. - New York State Comptroller Tom DiNapoli spent part of Monday in Western New York to focus on two communities he believes are in financial trouble.
DiNapoli spoke in Niagara Falls on Monday. He said the cataract city and the City of Salamanca are in a more severe financial situation than most other governments in New York State.
Both cities are currently dealing with a dispute between the Seneca Nation and New York State. The Senecas are not releasing casino payments because the state is operating gaming facilities in other locations.
On Niagara Falls, DiNapoli says population loss, a decline in revenue and property value have put the city in a difficult spot.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kenmore Mercy Hospital patients receive gift of moblity thanks to national charity
- CERT Recipe Book Marks Group’s 10th Anniversary
- Tribute to Angels event raises funds for Kenmore Mercy Hospital
- Town of Hamburg Police Ask Assistance in Identifying Individual for Questioning
- Scholarship Stresses Importance of Character, Education