Comptroller Issues Fiscal Warning for Niagara Falls | News
NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. - New York State Comptroller Tom DiNapoli spent part of Monday in Western New York to focus on two communities he believes are in financial trouble.
DiNapoli spoke in Niagara Falls on Monday. He said the cataract city and the City of Salamanca are in a more severe financial situation than most other governments in New York State.
Both cities are currently dealing with a dispute between the Seneca Nation and New York State. The Senecas are not releasing casino payments because the state is operating gaming facilities in other locations.
On Niagara Falls, DiNapoli says population loss, a decline in revenue and property value have put the city in a difficult spot.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- NOCO raises more than $8,400 for Roswell Park in Blue4Ben campaign
- Bridal Shower Fundraiser Offers Attendees Chance to Take Home the Gifts
- NHTSA and Local Police Remind of Dangers of Distracted Driving - "You Drive, You Text, You Pay."
- City of Niagara Falls Woman Arrested after Three Month Investigation
- Certain Gates Corp. Tru-Flow Water Pumps, serving as after-market replacements for various VW cars