Comptroller Issues Fiscal Warning for Niagara Falls | News
NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. - New York State Comptroller Tom DiNapoli spent part of Monday in Western New York to focus on two communities he believes are in financial trouble.
DiNapoli spoke in Niagara Falls on Monday. He said the cataract city and the City of Salamanca are in a more severe financial situation than most other governments in New York State.
Both cities are currently dealing with a dispute between the Seneca Nation and New York State. The Senecas are not releasing casino payments because the state is operating gaming facilities in other locations.
On Niagara Falls, DiNapoli says population loss, a decline in revenue and property value have put the city in a difficult spot.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Seeking info on Location of Collin Simons
- Secret Service: Queens Woman Pleads Guilty to Possession; Counterfeit Money
- Secret Service Grounds a local "Check Kiting" Ring 5 Arrested, Convicted
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way
- City of Toronto reminds residents to prepare for severe storms on anniversary of July 8, 2013 flood