Large Donation Makes Way Into NT History Museum | News
NORTH TONAWANDA, NY - The North Tonawanda History museum received an unusual donation Monday.
The Niagara Frontier Antique & Classic Boats Club donated the Richardson Boat Company 1935 Little Giant Cruiser to the museum on Monday.
Because of its size, the museum had to remove the front doors and do a little manuevering of other artifacts to get the 25-foot long boat through the doors and into place.
George R. Richardson started the Richardson Boat Company in North Tonawanda in the 1920s. Thecompany created boats for the military, shipping and for recreational use.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Seeking info on Location of Collin Simons
- Secret Service: Queens Woman Pleads Guilty to Possession; Counterfeit Money
- Secret Service Grounds a local "Check Kiting" Ring 5 Arrested, Convicted
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way
- City of Toronto reminds residents to prepare for severe storms on anniversary of July 8, 2013 flood