Rollover Crash Knocks Out Power | News
WHEATFIELD, NY - An early morning crash in Wheatfield caused a neighborhood to lose power.
Niagara County Dispatchers say the crash happened around 1:30am on River Road between Witmer Road and Sunset Drive.
North Tonawanda Police say a car went off the road and rolled-over into a power pole causing approximately 300 National Grid customers to lose power.
River Road was closed for about two hours while power crews restored power to the area.
The male driver was taken to Erie County Medical Center to be checked out. It appears that he suffered minor injuries.
Police are expected to levy D.W.I. charges against the driver.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Seeking info on Location of Collin Simons
- Secret Service: Queens Woman Pleads Guilty to Possession; Counterfeit Money
- Secret Service Grounds a local "Check Kiting" Ring 5 Arrested, Convicted
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way
- City of Toronto reminds residents to prepare for severe storms on anniversary of July 8, 2013 flood