Rollover Crash Knocks Out Power | News
WHEATFIELD, NY - An early morning crash in Wheatfield caused a neighborhood to lose power.
Niagara County Dispatchers say the crash happened around 1:30am on River Road between Witmer Road and Sunset Drive.
North Tonawanda Police say a car went off the road and rolled-over into a power pole causing approximately 300 National Grid customers to lose power.
River Road was closed for about two hours while power crews restored power to the area.
The male driver was taken to Erie County Medical Center to be checked out. It appears that he suffered minor injuries.
Police are expected to levy D.W.I. charges against the driver.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- "Turkish Coffee Night" of the season will be held on Saturday, May 3rd, at 7:00pm
- Turkish Cuisine - Session 2
- Rochester, NY City Employee Indicted on Possesion with Intent to Distrubute Cocaine
- Jamacian Citizen, 31 Pleads Guilty to Aggravated Identity Fraud
- Buffalo, NY male Pleads guilty to Bank Robbery