Niagara Falls City Council Passes Budget | News
NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. - The Niagara Falls City Council passed its version of the city's budget Wednesday night.
The council's $91 million proposed budget does not raise taxes and it restores many jobs in Mayor Paul Dyster's proposed plan.
Council members also approved nearly $5 million in cuts from the mayor's budget, which was bailed out by an advance payment from the New York Power Authority.
The city is in trouble because the Senecas are withholding millions in casino revenue due to its fight with the state over slots at state racetracks.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Gambia Male Convicted of Misuse of a Passport and Aggravated ID Theft
- California Man Pleads Guilty to Unauthorized Access Device Fraud
- Kenmore Mercy Hospital patients receive gift of moblity thanks to national charity
- CERT Recipe Book Marks Group’s 10th Anniversary
- Tribute to Angels event raises funds for Kenmore Mercy Hospital