Niagara Falls City Council Passes Budget | News
NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. - The Niagara Falls City Council passed its version of the city's budget Wednesday night.
The council's $91 million proposed budget does not raise taxes and it restores many jobs in Mayor Paul Dyster's proposed plan.
Council members also approved nearly $5 million in cuts from the mayor's budget, which was bailed out by an advance payment from the New York Power Authority.
The city is in trouble because the Senecas are withholding millions in casino revenue due to its fight with the state over slots at state racetracks.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- NOCO raises more than $8,400 for Roswell Park in Blue4Ben campaign
- Bridal Shower Fundraiser Offers Attendees Chance to Take Home the Gifts
- NHTSA and Local Police Remind of Dangers of Distracted Driving - "You Drive, You Text, You Pay."
- City of Niagara Falls Woman Arrested after Three Month Investigation
- Certain Gates Corp. Tru-Flow Water Pumps, serving as after-market replacements for various VW cars