Niagara Falls City Council Passes Budget | News
NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. - The Niagara Falls City Council passed its version of the city's budget Wednesday night.
The council's $91 million proposed budget does not raise taxes and it restores many jobs in Mayor Paul Dyster's proposed plan.
Council members also approved nearly $5 million in cuts from the mayor's budget, which was bailed out by an advance payment from the New York Power Authority.
The city is in trouble because the Senecas are withholding millions in casino revenue due to its fight with the state over slots at state racetracks.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Free Class at Kenmore Mercy Hospital Will Highlight Knee Replacement Options
- "Turkish Coffee Night" of the season will be held on Saturday, May 3rd, at 7:00pm
- Turkish Cuisine - Session 2
- Rochester, NY City Employee Indicted on Possesion with Intent to Distrubute Cocaine
- Jamacian Citizen, 31 Pleads Guilty to Aggravated Identity Fraud