Niagara Falls City Council Passes Budget | News
NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. - The Niagara Falls City Council passed its version of the city's budget Wednesday night.
The council's $91 million proposed budget does not raise taxes and it restores many jobs in Mayor Paul Dyster's proposed plan.
Council members also approved nearly $5 million in cuts from the mayor's budget, which was bailed out by an advance payment from the New York Power Authority.
The city is in trouble because the Senecas are withholding millions in casino revenue due to its fight with the state over slots at state racetracks.
Top Niagara County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Turkish Cooking Class -- May 18th, Saturday @1:00pm
- Catholic Cemeteries of Buffalo to salute heroes this Memorial Day
- Funeral Held for Evans Officer Killed in Off-Duty Crash
- Celebrate Mother's Day at the Herschell Carrousel Museum
- "Turkish Passport: The Only Holocaust Story with Happy Ending", May 9th @7:00pm