Falls Police Say Toddler Shot was Innocent Victim | News
NIAGARA FALLS, NY - A three-year-old girl is currently in stable condition at Women and Children's Hospital after being shot Tuesday afternoon.
It happened outside the Hometown Market located at 17th Street and Pierce Avenue. Niagara Falls Police say they believe the toddler was not the intended victim.
The store manager said the child's mother was in the store while the little girl and the girl's father remained in the car. After hearing shots, the woman ran outside then came running back in the store yelling "my baby".
The details of what exactly happened are still not known. An active search is in progress for both the intended victim and the alleged shooter.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way
- City of Toronto reminds residents to prepare for severe storms on anniversary of July 8, 2013 flood
- Buffalo, NY Fourth City Employee Pleads Guilty to Theft of Thousands from Parking Meters
- Joint Underage Alcohol Enforcement Effort 15 Pass; 2 Charged
- Better Business Bureau Offers Advice to Homeowners on Roofing Contractors