Falls Police Say Toddler Shot was Innocent Victim | News
NIAGARA FALLS, NY - A three-year-old girl is currently in stable condition at Women and Children's Hospital after being shot Tuesday afternoon.
It happened outside the Hometown Market located at 17th Street and Pierce Avenue. Niagara Falls Police say they believe the toddler was not the intended victim.
The store manager said the child's mother was in the store while the little girl and the girl's father remained in the car. After hearing shots, the woman ran outside then came running back in the store yelling "my baby".
The details of what exactly happened are still not known. An active search is in progress for both the intended victim and the alleged shooter.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo’s Economic Resurgence Focus of Mayor’s Daemen Lecture
- Cartagena guilty of other charges in death of daughter
- Quilt Seminar, 5K Run Headline September Events at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Daemen Grant to Establish Fitness Program for Individuals With Disabilities, Educate Trainers
- Daemen Associate Athletic Director Named to 30 Under Thirty
- U.S. Marshals Holding National Jewelry Sale
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Seeking info on Location of Collin Simons
- Secret Service: Queens Woman Pleads Guilty to Possession; Counterfeit Money
- Secret Service Grounds a local "Check Kiting" Ring 5 Arrested, Convicted
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way