Falls Police Say Toddler Shot was Innocent Victim | News
NIAGARA FALLS, NY - A three-year-old girl is currently in stable condition at Women and Children's Hospital after being shot Tuesday afternoon.
It happened outside the Hometown Market located at 17th Street and Pierce Avenue. Niagara Falls Police say they believe the toddler was not the intended victim.
The store manager said the child's mother was in the store while the little girl and the girl's father remained in the car. After hearing shots, the woman ran outside then came running back in the store yelling "my baby".
The details of what exactly happened are still not known. An active search is in progress for both the intended victim and the alleged shooter.
Top Niagara County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Turkish Cooking Class -- May 18th, Saturday @1:00pm
- Catholic Cemeteries of Buffalo to salute heroes this Memorial Day
- Funeral Held for Evans Officer Killed in Off-Duty Crash
- Celebrate Mother's Day at the Herschell Carrousel Museum
- "Turkish Passport: The Only Holocaust Story with Happy Ending", May 9th @7:00pm