Falls Police Say Toddler Shot was Innocent Victim | News
NIAGARA FALLS, NY - A three-year-old girl is currently in stable condition at Women and Children's Hospital after being shot Tuesday afternoon.
It happened outside the Hometown Market located at 17th Street and Pierce Avenue. Niagara Falls Police say they believe the toddler was not the intended victim.
The store manager said the child's mother was in the store while the little girl and the girl's father remained in the car. After hearing shots, the woman ran outside then came running back in the store yelling "my baby".
The details of what exactly happened are still not known. An active search is in progress for both the intended victim and the alleged shooter.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- NOCO raises more than $8,400 for Roswell Park in Blue4Ben campaign
- Bridal Shower Fundraiser Offers Attendees Chance to Take Home the Gifts
- NHTSA and Local Police Remind of Dangers of Distracted Driving - "You Drive, You Text, You Pay."
- City of Niagara Falls Woman Arrested after Three Month Investigation
- Certain Gates Corp. Tru-Flow Water Pumps, serving as after-market replacements for various VW cars