Niagara Falls Chooses New Contractor for Lewiston Road Project | News
NIAGARA FALLS, NY - The City of Niagara Falls has picked a new contractor Monday to finish the Lewiston Road reconstruction project.
2 On Your Side reported Friday that a judge ruled in favor of the city in a lawsuit filed by contractor Man O' Trees.
Man O' Trees claimed there was more radioactive waste to remove than the city originally stated and they needed more time to complete the project.
However, Niagara Falls said Man O' Trees took too long to finish the project, which has been stalled for a while now. Man O' Trees has also had issues in the past with work on the MLK Splash Pad in Buffalo.
Late Monday afternoon, the Niagara Falls City Council approved a measure allowing the mayor to select a new firm. Mayor Paul Dyster says that firm is Acadia Contracting, and work should start very soon.
Top Niagara County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Live Music, Theater, Food & Drink Specials This Weekend!!
- Dogs Are Family Too To Celebrate All Things Dog
- The Amherst Police is NOW on Twitter....Follow us!
- Williamsville Teens Start Inspiring Fundraiser
- Erie County Clerk Chris Jacobs encourages residents to make time this Memorial Day to Honor Veterans