Missing Dog Rescued Near Brink of the Falls | News
NIAGARA FALLS, NY- Friday the 13th has long had a reputation for bringing bad luck, but for a dog named Lily, it turned out to be her lucky day.
A Rochester veterinarian visiting Three Sisters Island at Niagara Falls State Park, spotted the small white pooch on the Little Brother Island just down stream and not very far from the brink of the Falls.
Lt. Clyde Doty and Officer Scott Durham of the NY State Parks Police Swift Water Rescue team entered the rapids, putting their own safety at risk, to rescue Lily and bring her back to the main land.
The dog was reported missing July 4th by a family from Lackawanna after it broke it's leash and ran off during 4th of July fireworks.
Lucky Lily was scheduled to be reunited with her family at the Niagara County SPCA Friday afternoon.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Free Class at Kenmore Mercy Hospital Will Highlight Knee Replacement Options
- "Turkish Coffee Night" of the season will be held on Saturday, May 3rd, at 7:00pm
- Turkish Cuisine - Session 2
- Rochester, NY City Employee Indicted on Possesion with Intent to Distrubute Cocaine
- Jamacian Citizen, 31 Pleads Guilty to Aggravated Identity Fraud