Mom Dead After Niagara Falls Hit and Run | News
NIAGARA FALLS, NY - Police in Niagara Falls say a mother hit by a driver who then left the scene has died.
The accident happened at the intersection of Hyde Park Boulevard and Jerauld Avenue around 10:10 p.m. on Monday night.
The mother was with her 6 year old son at the time of the accident. Rural Metro Medical Services told 2 On Your Side the 26-year-old woman and her 6-year-old son were initially taken to Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center from the scene.
The boy was then taken to Women and Children's Hospital where he was released to his father.
Police currently are on the lookout for an older model maroon vehicle. They describe it is as boxy vehicle with front-end damage and a possible broken window. If you see the vehicle, call 911.
Any witnesses to the crash are asked to call the Niagara Falls Police Traffic Bureau at 716-286-4563.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Deer Rescued from Glen Falls in Williamsville
- Daemen Approved for Advancement in NCAA Membership Process
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way
- City of Toronto reminds residents to prepare for severe storms on anniversary of July 8, 2013 flood
- Buffalo, NY Fourth City Employee Pleads Guilty to Theft of Thousands from Parking Meters
- Joint Underage Alcohol Enforcement Effort 15 Pass; 2 Charged
- Better Business Bureau Offers Advice to Homeowners on Roofing Contractors