Young Nik Wallenda Pictured Walking Over Falls One Day | News
NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. (AP) - Nik Wallenda says he can't visit a new place without envisioning a wire strung high above his head.
Even as a 6-year-old visiting Niagara Falls, he pictured walking a tightrope over the raging, whitewater maw. Now 33, the seventh-generation member of the famed Flying Wallendas is ready to live out that childhood fantasy when he attempts to become the first person ever to walk a tightrope over the brink of the falls.
A born-again Christian, Wallenda says he stays calm on the wire by talking to God, quoting Scripture and praying. The father of three also knows he'll hear another voice in his head - his 11-year-old son's request that he skip any antics Friday night and get from one side to the other as quickly as possible.
Top Niagara County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- “The Brass Ring Thing XIII”: A Renaissance Festival Event
- “Path Through History” Weekend: Hand-carved Heritage in North Tonawanda (Carrousels and More)
- Tonawanda Coke Deadline Approaches For Residents
- Community Finding Projects for Tonawanda Coke Fine Money
- Carrousel Chat: Preserving the Industrial Landscape