$6.1 Million for New NF Flight Simulator | News
BUFFALO, NY - Congresswoman Cathy Hochul's office says the House of Representatives has approved $6.1 million in funding for construction of a C-130 flight simulator facility at the Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station.
According to Hochul's office, the plan is to build a full motion C-130 flight simulator, in addition to other special structural and electrical systems to support simulator operations.
The simulator will be the only C-130 simulator in the Northeast.
"The support for this project highlights the important role the Air Base plays in our national security, and the construction of this facility strengthens future of the base," Rep. Hochul said. "I'd also like to commend my colleague Rep. Louise Slaughter for her efforts to bringing the simulator to the Air Reserve Station."
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Deer Rescued from Glen Falls in Williamsville
- Daemen Approved for Advancement in NCAA Membership Process
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way
- City of Toronto reminds residents to prepare for severe storms on anniversary of July 8, 2013 flood
- Buffalo, NY Fourth City Employee Pleads Guilty to Theft of Thousands from Parking Meters
- Joint Underage Alcohol Enforcement Effort 15 Pass; 2 Charged
- Better Business Bureau Offers Advice to Homeowners on Roofing Contractors