Wallenda's Practice Walks Underway | News
NIAGARA FALLS, NY - The third day of practice walks for daredevil Nik Wallenda has wrapped up.
Wallenda says he has learned a lot in only two days of practice. "I feel much more comfortable," he says.
The cable Wallenda is used to walking on is smaller than the 2-inch diameter wire he has been practicing with. His team of engineers are still tweaking the wire to make it more stable.
Wallenda says in the coming week, heavy mist and wind machines will be added to his practice sessions but the focus for now is engineering.
Practice walks are scheduled daily beginning Saturday May 12 - 22 from 10:30am to noon and 3:30pm to 5pm. The walks are free and open to the public.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way
- City of Toronto reminds residents to prepare for severe storms on anniversary of July 8, 2013 flood
- Buffalo, NY Fourth City Employee Pleads Guilty to Theft of Thousands from Parking Meters
- Joint Underage Alcohol Enforcement Effort 15 Pass; 2 Charged
- Better Business Bureau Offers Advice to Homeowners on Roofing Contractors