Wallenda's Practice Walks Underway | News
NIAGARA FALLS, NY - The third day of practice walks for daredevil Nik Wallenda has wrapped up.
Wallenda says he has learned a lot in only two days of practice. "I feel much more comfortable," he says.
The cable Wallenda is used to walking on is smaller than the 2-inch diameter wire he has been practicing with. His team of engineers are still tweaking the wire to make it more stable.
Wallenda says in the coming week, heavy mist and wind machines will be added to his practice sessions but the focus for now is engineering.
Practice walks are scheduled daily beginning Saturday May 12 - 22 from 10:30am to noon and 3:30pm to 5pm. The walks are free and open to the public.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Town of Hamburg Police Ask Assistance in Identifying Individual for Questioning
- Scholarship Stresses Importance of Character, Education
- Holiday Tour Fun at the Herschell Carrousel Factory Museum
- Kenmore Mercy Hospital dietitian shares tips for a healthier Thanksgiving
- Kenmore East High School students join together to fight hunger in WNY