Wallenda's Practice Walks Underway | News
NIAGARA FALLS, NY - The third day of practice walks for daredevil Nik Wallenda has wrapped up.
Wallenda says he has learned a lot in only two days of practice. "I feel much more comfortable," he says.
The cable Wallenda is used to walking on is smaller than the 2-inch diameter wire he has been practicing with. His team of engineers are still tweaking the wire to make it more stable.
Wallenda says in the coming week, heavy mist and wind machines will be added to his practice sessions but the focus for now is engineering.
Practice walks are scheduled daily beginning Saturday May 12 - 22 from 10:30am to noon and 3:30pm to 5pm. The walks are free and open to the public.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- NOCO raises more than $8,400 for Roswell Park in Blue4Ben campaign
- Bridal Shower Fundraiser Offers Attendees Chance to Take Home the Gifts
- NHTSA and Local Police Remind of Dangers of Distracted Driving - "You Drive, You Text, You Pay."
- City of Niagara Falls Woman Arrested after Three Month Investigation
- Certain Gates Corp. Tru-Flow Water Pumps, serving as after-market replacements for various VW cars