ATV Crackdown In Niagara County | News
Lockport, NY - Starting this Saturday, sheriff's deputies in Niagara County will be cracking down on ATV riders who fail to stay on designated trails.
Back in March, 2 On Your Side reported on the damages left behind by some ATV riders at Mario Park in the Town of Wheatfield. Tire tracks in the soft ground at the time were found throughout the baseball field, and other parts of the town owned property.
Although the Sheriff's Department won't say exactly where they will start their ATV patrols, 2 On Your Side talked to Chief Deputy Steven Preisch who said patrols will take place in areas that have become problematic.
"If you're some place you don't have permission for, that we catch you, that you will be arrested. Your vehicle will be towed and it will be very expensive potentially you know to bail yourself out or for someone else to bail you out of jail," said Preisch.
The ATV crackdown will be done on a weekly basis for the next two months.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way
- City of Toronto reminds residents to prepare for severe storms on anniversary of July 8, 2013 flood
- Buffalo, NY Fourth City Employee Pleads Guilty to Theft of Thousands from Parking Meters
- Joint Underage Alcohol Enforcement Effort 15 Pass; 2 Charged
- Better Business Bureau Offers Advice to Homeowners on Roofing Contractors