ATV Crackdown In Niagara County | News
Lockport, NY - Starting this Saturday, sheriff's deputies in Niagara County will be cracking down on ATV riders who fail to stay on designated trails.
Back in March, 2 On Your Side reported on the damages left behind by some ATV riders at Mario Park in the Town of Wheatfield. Tire tracks in the soft ground at the time were found throughout the baseball field, and other parts of the town owned property.
Although the Sheriff's Department won't say exactly where they will start their ATV patrols, 2 On Your Side talked to Chief Deputy Steven Preisch who said patrols will take place in areas that have become problematic.
"If you're some place you don't have permission for, that we catch you, that you will be arrested. Your vehicle will be towed and it will be very expensive potentially you know to bail yourself out or for someone else to bail you out of jail," said Preisch.
The ATV crackdown will be done on a weekly basis for the next two months.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo, NY male Pleads guilty to Bank Robbery
- Sheriff Voutour Commemorated National Crime Victims Week
- Final Defendant Sentenced In Case Involving Grandmother Alledgedly Headed Family Drug Organization
- Undercover Sting Foils Murder Conspiracy against Federal Judge and Federal Prosecutor
- Tonawanda Male, 74 Plead Guilty to Possession of Child Pornography