ATV Crackdown In Niagara County | News
Lockport, NY - Starting this Saturday, sheriff's deputies in Niagara County will be cracking down on ATV riders who fail to stay on designated trails.
Back in March, 2 On Your Side reported on the damages left behind by some ATV riders at Mario Park in the Town of Wheatfield. Tire tracks in the soft ground at the time were found throughout the baseball field, and other parts of the town owned property.
Although the Sheriff's Department won't say exactly where they will start their ATV patrols, 2 On Your Side talked to Chief Deputy Steven Preisch who said patrols will take place in areas that have become problematic.
"If you're some place you don't have permission for, that we catch you, that you will be arrested. Your vehicle will be towed and it will be very expensive potentially you know to bail yourself out or for someone else to bail you out of jail," said Preisch.
The ATV crackdown will be done on a weekly basis for the next two months.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo’s Economic Resurgence Focus of Mayor’s Daemen Lecture
- Cartagena guilty of other charges in death of daughter
- Quilt Seminar, 5K Run Headline September Events at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Daemen Grant to Establish Fitness Program for Individuals With Disabilities, Educate Trainers
- Daemen Associate Athletic Director Named to 30 Under Thirty
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Tributes K9 Crime Fighting Co-workers
- NYSP: Missing Adult Alert: Walter Marsh CANCELED
- U.S. Marshals Holding National Jewelry Sale
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Seeking info on Location of Collin Simons
- Secret Service: Queens Woman Pleads Guilty to Possession; Counterfeit Money