ATV Crackdown In Niagara County | News
Lockport, NY - Starting this Saturday, sheriff's deputies in Niagara County will be cracking down on ATV riders who fail to stay on designated trails.
Back in March, 2 On Your Side reported on the damages left behind by some ATV riders at Mario Park in the Town of Wheatfield. Tire tracks in the soft ground at the time were found throughout the baseball field, and other parts of the town owned property.
Although the Sheriff's Department won't say exactly where they will start their ATV patrols, 2 On Your Side talked to Chief Deputy Steven Preisch who said patrols will take place in areas that have become problematic.
"If you're some place you don't have permission for, that we catch you, that you will be arrested. Your vehicle will be towed and it will be very expensive potentially you know to bail yourself out or for someone else to bail you out of jail," said Preisch.
The ATV crackdown will be done on a weekly basis for the next two months.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Amherst Police Release Photos in Friday Bank Robbery
- Brockport Male arrested; Alledged Mail Fraud, Forgery, Theft of Public Money
- Convicted City of Buffalo Employee Sentenced 6 Months Ordered to repay $9K
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Tributes K9 Crime Fighting Co-workers
- NYSP: Missing Adult Alert: Walter Marsh CANCELED