Niagara Falls Stabbing Caught on Video | News
NIAGARA FALLS, NY-- Niagara Falls Police are investigating a stabbing that was caught on surveillance video and then posted on You Tube.
The incident happened just before 5 p.m. on Tuesday at the 1500 block of Pierce Avenue.
When officers responded, they found the victim, an 18 year old Niagara Falls woman, that had suffered several stab wounds to the left side of her body.
The teen was taken by ambulance to Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center before being transferred to ECMC. She is expected to be ok.
Detectives charged the suspect, a 17-year-old from Elma Avenue in Buffalo, with assault in the 2nd degree.
The incident was caught on a store's outside surveillance camera and later posted on YouTube. Click here to see the video (WARNING.. the video may be disturbing to some).
Detectives say two teens, who had been at the Hometown Market, were arguing. The video shows the victim in this incident initially started to chase after the alleged suspect through the parking lot and into the street.
You can't see it in the video, but police say the 17-year-old girl managed to pull a knife from her purse while running, and as the two got across the street, she used the knife to assault the victim. The suspect then ran from the scene and the victim ran down then block to the home of a friend.
The suspect turned herself into police Wednesday morning. Investigators say she admitted her involvement in the assault.
She was arraigned in Niagara Falls City Court and released on $1,000 bail. Because she's underage and could potentially be charged eventually as a juvenile, we aren't using her name in this story.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way
- City of Toronto reminds residents to prepare for severe storms on anniversary of July 8, 2013 flood
- Buffalo, NY Fourth City Employee Pleads Guilty to Theft of Thousands from Parking Meters
- Joint Underage Alcohol Enforcement Effort 15 Pass; 2 Charged
- Better Business Bureau Offers Advice to Homeowners on Roofing Contractors