Dyster Surprised by Direct Air's Troubles | News
NIAGARA FALLS, NY -- When Direct Air cancelled flights out of the Niagara Falls International Airport, it took customers by surprise and local leaders, too.
Falls Mayor Paul Dyster told us DirectAir was the most aggressive carrier in terms of introducing new destinations and new flights out of the airport. All total, the actual number of flights that have originated out of the Falls Airport has been steadily rising.
"So I am encouraged that some carrier, whether its DirectAir getting back into business, whether its Spirit or Allegiant, or some other carrier, is going to see the opportunity for profit there, and come in to fill the gap that's been created," said Dyster.
Mayor Dyster says DirectAir's problems were caused by their own management, and not by a lack of customers.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Amherst Police Release Photos in Friday Bank Robbery
- Brockport Male arrested; Alledged Mail Fraud, Forgery, Theft of Public Money
- Convicted City of Buffalo Employee Sentenced 6 Months Ordered to repay $9K
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Tributes K9 Crime Fighting Co-workers
- NYSP: Missing Adult Alert: Walter Marsh CANCELED