Dyster Surprised by Direct Air's Troubles | News
NIAGARA FALLS, NY -- When Direct Air cancelled flights out of the Niagara Falls International Airport, it took customers by surprise and local leaders, too.
Falls Mayor Paul Dyster told us DirectAir was the most aggressive carrier in terms of introducing new destinations and new flights out of the airport. All total, the actual number of flights that have originated out of the Falls Airport has been steadily rising.
"So I am encouraged that some carrier, whether its DirectAir getting back into business, whether its Spirit or Allegiant, or some other carrier, is going to see the opportunity for profit there, and come in to fill the gap that's been created," said Dyster.
Mayor Dyster says DirectAir's problems were caused by their own management, and not by a lack of customers.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way
- City of Toronto reminds residents to prepare for severe storms on anniversary of July 8, 2013 flood
- Buffalo, NY Fourth City Employee Pleads Guilty to Theft of Thousands from Parking Meters
- Joint Underage Alcohol Enforcement Effort 15 Pass; 2 Charged
- Better Business Bureau Offers Advice to Homeowners on Roofing Contractors