Dyster Surprised by Direct Air's Troubles | News
NIAGARA FALLS, NY -- When Direct Air cancelled flights out of the Niagara Falls International Airport, it took customers by surprise and local leaders, too.
Falls Mayor Paul Dyster told us DirectAir was the most aggressive carrier in terms of introducing new destinations and new flights out of the airport. All total, the actual number of flights that have originated out of the Falls Airport has been steadily rising.
"So I am encouraged that some carrier, whether its DirectAir getting back into business, whether its Spirit or Allegiant, or some other carrier, is going to see the opportunity for profit there, and come in to fill the gap that's been created," said Dyster.
Mayor Dyster says DirectAir's problems were caused by their own management, and not by a lack of customers.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Town of Hamburg Police Ask Assistance in Identifying Individual for Questioning
- CERT Recipe Book Marks Group’s 10th Anniversary
- Scholarship Stresses Importance of Character, Education
- Holiday Tour Fun at the Herschell Carrousel Factory Museum
- Kenmore Mercy Hospital dietitian shares tips for a healthier Thanksgiving