Dyster Surprised by Direct Air's Troubles | News
NIAGARA FALLS, NY -- When Direct Air cancelled flights out of the Niagara Falls International Airport, it took customers by surprise and local leaders, too.
Falls Mayor Paul Dyster told us DirectAir was the most aggressive carrier in terms of introducing new destinations and new flights out of the airport. All total, the actual number of flights that have originated out of the Falls Airport has been steadily rising.
"So I am encouraged that some carrier, whether its DirectAir getting back into business, whether its Spirit or Allegiant, or some other carrier, is going to see the opportunity for profit there, and come in to fill the gap that's been created," said Dyster.
Mayor Dyster says DirectAir's problems were caused by their own management, and not by a lack of customers.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Cartagena guilty of other charges in death of daughter
- Quilt Seminar, 5K Run Headline September Events at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Daemen Grant to Establish Fitness Program for Individuals With Disabilities, Educate Trainers
- Daemen Associate Athletic Director Named to 30 Under Thirty
- Free Summer Concert on Terrace 8/20
- U.S. Marshals Holding National Jewelry Sale
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Seeking info on Location of Collin Simons
- Secret Service: Queens Woman Pleads Guilty to Possession; Counterfeit Money
- Secret Service Grounds a local "Check Kiting" Ring 5 Arrested, Convicted
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way