Dyster Surprised by Direct Air's Troubles | News
NIAGARA FALLS, NY -- When Direct Air cancelled flights out of the Niagara Falls International Airport, it took customers by surprise and local leaders, too.
Falls Mayor Paul Dyster told us DirectAir was the most aggressive carrier in terms of introducing new destinations and new flights out of the airport. All total, the actual number of flights that have originated out of the Falls Airport has been steadily rising.
"So I am encouraged that some carrier, whether its DirectAir getting back into business, whether its Spirit or Allegiant, or some other carrier, is going to see the opportunity for profit there, and come in to fill the gap that's been created," said Dyster.
Mayor Dyster says DirectAir's problems were caused by their own management, and not by a lack of customers.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- NOCO raises more than $8,400 for Roswell Park in Blue4Ben campaign
- Bridal Shower Fundraiser Offers Attendees Chance to Take Home the Gifts
- NHTSA and Local Police Remind of Dangers of Distracted Driving - "You Drive, You Text, You Pay."
- City of Niagara Falls Woman Arrested after Three Month Investigation
- Certain Gates Corp. Tru-Flow Water Pumps, serving as after-market replacements for various VW cars