Apple Picking Around Town | Families
Whether it’s the upcoming autumnal equinox, the cinnamon broomsticks at the local grocery stores, the cooler air, or the fact that the sun is setting earlier, there is no doubt that September marks the coming of fall.
Coincidentally, September also marks the prime time for apple picking and many local Western New York farmers are opening their orchards to the public.
Below is a list of farms in our area that are open to the public this fall:
- Chadakoin Farms - apples, grapes, pre-picked produce.
10459 Prospect Road, Forestville, NY 14062. Phone: (716) 965-2674. Email: email@example.com. Directions: Follow Route 39 into the Village of Forestville. Turn right onto Prospect Road. 1/2 mile outside the Village of Forestville. And for a map, click here. Crops are usually available in September, October. Open: Monday to Sunday 9 am to 6 pm. 3rd Saturday in September through mid-November. Payment: Cash, Check. Sweet apple cider, fall vegetables.
- Falcone Farms - apples, grapes, U-pick and already picked
1707 King Road, Forestville, NY 14062. Phone: 716-965-2503. Fax: 716-965-2469. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Open: Daily 10am to 5pm, September to November. Directions: Click here for a map and directions. Pick your own apples September 10 to November 1, Pick your own Concord grapes September 20 to October 20. Payment: Cash, Check. Offers a variety of apples (Jersey Mac, Paula Red, Cortland, McIntosh, Macoun, Melrose, Crispin, Northern Spy, Rome, Red Delicious, Ida Red) that mature at different times during the season. Call to find out what variety is being picked.....it changes weekly. Fresh local cider, honey, cheese and maple syrup are available for purchase at the farm stand.
- Meadows Farm - apples, U-pick apples and already picked,
10459 Prospect Road, Forestville, NY 14062. Phone: 716-965-2674. Also apple cider, and picked pumpkins, squash, broccoli, cauliflower. September-November, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Sheridan Hill Farm - U Pick Apples
PO Box 494, Forestville NY, 14062. Phone: 716-965-4899.
- Bence Apple Farm - apples,
1355 Brant North Collins Road, Brant, NY 14111. Phone: 716-549-0112.
- Brant Apple Farm (formerly Bence Apple Farm) - apples, pears, school tours
1355 Route #249, Brant, NY 14027. Phone: 716 549-0112. Email: email@example.com. Open: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday through Saturday; Closed Sunday and Wednesday; Hours: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm; Opening for the 2011 season is anticipated to be on September 19. Directions: Route #249 in the Town of Brant, NY. Approximately 4 miles East of Route #20 and 4 miles West of Route #62. Click here for a map and directions. Brant Apple Farm, formerly Bence Apple Farm will be providing the same quality of service the public has enjoyed; There are 12 varieties af apples and 3 varieties of pears; Payment: Cash, only.
- Stonehill Orchard - apples, grapes,
2356 Shirley Rd, North Collins, NY 14111. Phone: 716-337-2380. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Open: call ahead. Directions: From I90: take exit 57a (Eden-Angola) and turn left. Go into Eden to the only traffic light and turn right (south). Go 8 miles through the town of North Collins. One mile south of the town, turn left onto Shirley Road (just past the cemetery). Go 1 mile. We are at 2356 Shirley Road on the left side. Click here for a map and directions. We normally have you pick and already picked apples, 21 varieties, from August 25 through October 31. Payment: Cash, only. No dogs please.
- Roanoke Apple Farms - apples
6370 East Bethany Leroy Road, Stafford, NY. Phone: 716-768-2042.
- Becker Farms - Apples, asparagus, blueberries, cherries, peas, pumpkins, raspberries, rhubarb, strawberries, tomatoes, Precut Christmas trees, Santa appearances, Christmas decorations, trees tied, pumpkin patch-pick in the field, pumpkin patch- already gathered from the field, corn maze, haunted corn maze, and prepicked produce, gift shop, snacks and refreshment stand, restrooms, picnic area, tractor-pulled hay rides, wagon rides, pony rides, petting zoo
3724 Quaker Road, Gasport, NY 14067. Phone: 716-772-2211. Fax: 716-772-7429. Email: email@example.com or email us on the website. Directions: from Buffalo NY Take NYS 290 to NYS 990 to Millersport Highway. Take Millersport to Transit Road in Lockport. Follow Transit straight through Lockport until you hit Route 31. Take a right onto Route 31 and follow it about 7 miles to Gasport. Once in Gasport take a left onto east ave (Gasport Road or Hartland Road They are considered the same road.). Go over the drawbrige in Gasport and take your first right onto Slayton Settlement Road Follow Slayton Settlement for one mile and take a left onto Quaker Road. Follow Quaker Road one mile. We are on the left hand side of the road. Click here for a map to our farm. Crops are usually available in June, July, August, September, October, and December. Open: Fall hours: 11 am to 6p.m. Winter hours: Weekends, noon to 5p.m. Call ahead for exact picking dates. Payment: Cash, Check, Visa/MasterCard, Discover. We also offer homemade fruit pies made from our own fruit, homemade fudge, gourmet cookies, ice cream, drinks and gift items. There are also several weekend festivals in June, July, September, and October. We offer several options for tour groups. Becker farms also has a winery with over 15 different fruit and grape wines! Rest room facilities and a wheelchair ramp are available in our farm market. Reservations are required for the pie and coffee or hay ride activities. Reservations are not necessary to stop and shop, however if we know you are bringing a group, we can be sure to have extra help on hand to provide fast service. We are open every day from the second weekend in May through Christmas. We are always having special events. Check our Calendar for the latest! Remember to plan for autumn and evening hayrides and bonfires. Becker Farms invites you to experience Vizcarra Vineyards. Stop by and enjoy as we uncork our home-made wine. Relax in our Mediterranean-style tasting room, open seven days a week.
- Betts Farms - apples
9433 Ridge Road, Middleport, NY. Phone: 716-735-3662. Directions: Click here for a map.
- Blackman Homestead Farm - apples, pears, winter squash, pumpkins, grapes
4472 Thrall Road, Lockport, NY 14094. Phone: 716-434-7116. Fax: 716-434-7116. Email: Bhf1852@verizon.net. Open: Farm Stand Hours: September 1 through December 31, 9am to 6pm. Directions: located at the scenic Niagara Escarpment. U-pick and other produce, all offered by the pound. We also offer apple cider, beef and turkey. Tours of the farm, including the farm animals are available.
- Ellis Fruit Farm - apples
4748 Thrall Road, Lockport, NY. Phone: 716-434-1005.
- Jane Beilein - Apples
4874 Lake Road, Burt, NY 14028. Phone: 716-751-9219. Open: Apple Season (about September 15th - November 15th) on Saturday from 10 to 5, Sunday from 1 to 5, Weekdays: please call in advance. Email: JBApples4874@yahoo.com. Children welcome, please no climbing trees or ladders. Most trees can be picked from the ground. No restroom. Directions: The orchard is located between Tuscarora State Park in Wilson and Olcott Beach in Olcott, NY. Payment: Cash only please. Occasional roadside stand. Weather permitting. Apple varieties: Cortland, Empire, Macoun, Red Delicious, Yellow Delicious, Northern Spy, Liberty, Crispin/Mutsu, Twenty Ounce. We have about an acre worth of apple trees (about 150 dwarf trees total).
- Murphy Orchards - strawberries, cherries, peaches, apples, pears, gooseberries, raspberries, currants, and pumpkins.
2402 McClew Road, Burt, NY 14028. Phone: 716-778-7926. Fax: 716-778-8979. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Open: Farm Stand Hours: May 1 - October 31, open 8:30am to 6:30pm; from November 1 to April 30, open 9:00am-4:00pm. We sell our fresh produce and our jams and jellies right here on the farm. We also wholesales our produce and preserves to other farm markets. We ship gift boxes of our bery best Western New York apples and jams and jellies. You can pick your own produce at our farm during the growing season, or buy it pre-picked. Have lunch or afternoon tea in our tea rooms overlooking our strawberry fields. Walk along our nature trails or we can host your bridal or baby shower. We give educational tours.
- Niagara Farms - apples,
West Creek Road, Newfane, NY 14028. Phone: 502 439-4210. Alternate phone: (502) 356-0373. Open: Usually early to mid October; Call for dates and hours . Directions: Take 78 or 18 towards Olcott, NY. Farm is one mile south of 18 and one road west of 78. Click here for a map and directions. Apples early October. Payment: Cash, only.
- Peter Baker Farm - apples, pumpkins, winter squash, tomatoes, other vegetables, snacks and refreshment stand, restrooms, Bouncy castle or moon bounce, school tours
2100 Youngstown - Lockport Road, Ransomville, NY 14131. Phone: 716-7913440. Fax: 716-791-8870. Email: email@example.com. Open: Friday to Saturday to Sunday Monday 10am to 5pm. Directions: five miles west of Ransomville on route 93 just past Dickersonville Road Ten miles east of Robert Moses Parkway on Route 93 between Porter Center Road and Dickersonville Road. Click here for a map and directions. Open September 1st to November 1St. Payment: Cash, only.
- Philo Brooks - U Pick apples
2237 Youngstown-Lockport Road, Ransomville NY, 14131. Phone (716) 791-3865.
- Sanger Farms - apples, cider
852 Route 93, Youngstown, NY. Phone: 716-745-7297.
- Brown's Berry Patch - apples, blackberries, blueberries, cherries, currants (red and black), gooseberries, pumpkins, raspberries (red), raspberries (Spring, red), raspberries (Autumn, red), raspberries (yellow), raspberries (Autumn, yellow), raspberries (black), raspberries (Spring, black), strawberries, gift shop, snacks and refreshment stand, restrooms, face painting, pony rides, farm animals, birthday parties, school tours, events at your location (call for info)
14264 Roosevelt Highway Route 18, Waterport, NY 14571. Phone: 585-682-5569. Fax: 585-682-5502. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Open: Pick Your Own Hours Same as Market Hours. Click here for current open hours, days and dates. Directions: Click here for a map and directions. Visit Our Website for Specific Dates and Hours for Picking and Barnyard Adventure which is a Family Fun Area for All Ages;. Picking updates: Click here for picking updates and see their Harvest calendar. Payment: Cash, Debit cards, Visa/MasterCard, Discover, AmEx. Please Note, Barnyard Adventure Hours, Weather Permitting Spring, Saturday and Sunday Only 10AM to 5PM May 9 to June 14 Summer, Daily 10AM to 5PM June 19 to September 7 Fall With Mazes, Weekends Only September 12 to October 31.
- Hurd Orchards - U Pick Apples
17260 Ridge Road, Holley NY, 14470. Phone: 585-638-8838. Email: email@example.com. Open: May 1st through December 24th, 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, winter hours by appointment.
- Kirbys Farm Market - U Pick Apples
9739 Ridge Road, Brockport NY, 14420. Phone: 585-637-2600. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lyn Oaken Farms - The apple depot - U Pick Apples
11540 Maple Avenue, Lyndonville NY, 14098. Phone: 585-765-2046. E-mail: LynOaken@rochester.rr.com
- Watt Farms Country Market - U Pick Apples, apricots, cherries, nectarines, other berries, peaches, plums, raspberries (red), raspberries (Spring, red), raspberries (Autumn, red),
3121 Oak Orchard Rd Route 98, Albion, NY 14411. Phone: 585-589-8000. Alternate Phone: 800-274-5897. Fax: 585-589-8001. Email: email@example.com. Open: Picking from 9 to 7 daily in season. Directions: Click here for a map and directions. Payment: Cash, Check, Debit cards, Visa/MasterCard, Discover.
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way
- City of Toronto reminds residents to prepare for severe storms on anniversary of July 8, 2013 flood
- Buffalo, NY Fourth City Employee Pleads Guilty to Theft of Thousands from Parking Meters
- Joint Underage Alcohol Enforcement Effort 15 Pass; 2 Charged
- Better Business Bureau Offers Advice to Homeowners on Roofing Contractors