Active Saturday at the Historical Society | Arts & Culture
Several activities at the Historical Society this Saturday, November 19, are community-geared--drop off non-perishable foods, and learn how to use the Research Library at the Historical Society while you are here...
Food donations will be accepted from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The museum will be open, and exhibits, tours, scavenger hunts and more available for visitors, including families.
In addition, a special lecture in the auditorium will start at 9:30 a.m. No registration is required for the lecture, but an exclusive workshop afterwards, in the library, is limited to 15 participants.
WHAT: “GETTING STARTED WITH GENEALOGY RESEARCH”” two-part program:
- Part I: 9:30 -10:30 am. Lecture on how to begin your research (auditorium).
- Part II: 10:30 - 11:30 am: Limited registration research session with museum staff—participants will begin doing research using our collection (library). Limit 15 people; pre-registration required.
WHERE: Buffalo & Erie County Historical Society, 25 Nottingham Ct.
WHEN: Saturday, Nov. 19. 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
ADMISSION: $5 member/$7 non-member – general admission for lecture alone.
$10 member/$15 non-member – special admission includes lecture and exclusive in-library, hands-on research session with librarians.
To register, email email@example.com or call 873-9644 x311
INFO: buffalohistory.org, 716.873.9644
Upcoming Events near Niagara County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Exit 2 Bar & Grille Brings Excitement to Tonawanda Dining Scene
- Abraham's Table Discussion: "What Do We Owe God? The Religious Ethics of Business."
- Buffalo Man Charged with Fraud and Making Counterfeit Money
- Five Charged With Marijuana Trafficking
- Catholic Cemeteries of Buffalo join Niagara County Thank a Vet program